Your privacy is extremely important to us. At Ablestar, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information is used or permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
We are the people behind a variety of products and services designed to allow anyone–from individuals, small business owners, and enterprises–to build and manage an ecommerce store.
- Our websites (including Ablestar and 2can Apps subdomains);
- Our Shopify applications (including those not listed on the Shopify App store); and
- Any other products and services that are available on or through our websites.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to use our services. For example, when you install one of our Shopify apps you grant permission for us to see basic information about your store including your name, email address and location.
- Shopify Data: If you install a Shopify app we might request access to additional information from your Shopify store. For example, if you install our Bulk Product Editor app, we request permission to read and update your products. Our apps will require the minimum necessary access needed in order to run effectively.
- Credentials: Depending on the Services you use, you may provide us with credentials for your website (like API credentials or a username and password). For example, our Woo Importer app asks for API credentials so it can migrate your data from WooCommerce to Shopify, or to allow us to troubleshoot problems on your site more quickly.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our customer service team about a support question, or post a question about your site in a public forum.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you browse our website.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that store administrators perform through our apps–in other words, who did what, when and to what thing in an app (e.g., [store owner] edited "[title of product]" at [time/date]). We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, support document searches at support.ablestar.co, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, or to run any of our Shopify apps;
- To further develop our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their ecommerce stores more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Ablestar and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by Ablestar and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Ablestar and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like Shopify) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like error reporting or analytics providers).
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Ablestar, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your account.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your Shopify product descriptions (for published products), are all available to others–and we hope you get a lot of traffic!
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Request that inaccruate data be corrected: If you see any problem with your personal data contact us and we will fix it.
Request a copy of your data: If you have ever used one of our services you may request a copy of all personal information we have on record for you.
- Request that your data be excluded from aggregated and de-identified information: You can request that any information we have from you be excluded from aggregated and de-identified information such as aggregate statistics.
- Request that your data be deleted: If you have ever used one of our services you may request that we remove your personal information.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
Ablestar is a worldwide service. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Third Party Software
If you’d like to use third party software like plugins with our Services, please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself to those third parties. We don’t own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use and sharing of information. You should review their rules and policies when installing and using third party software.
- February 23, 2019: Updated language to reflect re-branding from '2can Apps' to 'Ablestar'